Sunday, October 19, 2008

SAN CARLOS!!!

We went to San Carlos, Mexico last week with 6 other families. Thanks Janet for getting this all together!

We all went and stayed in the same Condos down there and really had a blast. I hardly saw Conner and Savannah the whole time we were there. (Good thing they know how to swim, right?)

Savannah in a rare moment out of the water....


Kayla - you're supposed to ride with the wave, not against it!
Some of "the girls" on our trip. Let's make it annual!!!


We were there for 4 days, and here are some of the valuable lessons I learned on this trip:

1) Don't take a 14 month old to the beach.

2) If you DO take a 14 month old to the beach, never leave the door open, and if you DO leave the door open even for a second, check the path to the beach and you are sure to find said 14 month old running for the ocean.


Me and the culprit - at the scene of the crime!

3) When taking a 14 month old to the beach - be sure you bring along a darling 20 year old girl named Kandyce to help take care of any 14 month olds you may have. (Actually, Kandyce, or any member of the Greene family will do! :) We love the Greenes!)

Kandyce, her crew, and a bucket of crabs!

4) Be ready to eat pans of brownies each night.
5) Try not to look at your huge stomach the next morning as you put on your swimsuit!

6) Don't innocently dump the ice water from your cooler off the balcony of your condo. People may be on their patio underneath you! :)

7) 12 people really can fit in an 8 person condo - and comfortably!

8) Sand can get in a lot of places.

9) Seaweed takes a LONG time to get out of your hair. (Just ask Kayla)

10) Don't drop your digital camera on the table at the McDonalds on the way down, because you will have no camera for your whole trip - and borrow other people's pictures to remember you really were there!

And finally . . .

11) Don't try to take family pictures at the beach!! Below is the proof.

Umm... I don't think this will be the Christmas card this year!!!

Unless, I guess we could photoshop Conner's head onto his body, and use this one, right? HA!!

Oh well, we had a blast and hope to go again next year!

6 comments:

The Hansen Family said...

That picture of Connor is AWESOME!! I am totally laughing my head off! No pun... Hhahahahaha!!Aaaaahhhh, oh crap, that is funny.

Today in Primary I asked if the kids got to watch Confrence. Lots of kids raised their hands with smiles on their faces but Conner dropped his head into his hands and said, "I couldn't take it anymore!!"

Jill said...

Looks like a blast!

Kaylee said...

Looks like you guys had fun. And the family pics look like my family... (in fact, I would be tempted to send it anyway...because for us it would be much more realistic than the posed happy pictures!!)

Jilynn said...

Thanks for the tips and I love the family pics!

Kamille said...

Mom said that you went to Mexico. I think it's crazy that you can drive 6 hours south and be in MX and 6 hours north and be at my house. Seriously. Love your pics and love your list of lessons learned.

Tricia said...

ok I am laughing so hard right now thinking of your family picture with conners head chopped off! Also remembering the sand and seaweed and trying to get it all out of those "conspicous" places. I had a pile of seaweed! Gross! but it sure was fun huh!