Hey everyone! I changed my background all by myself! Yea!
We had a great Thanksgiving this year. I ran the turkey trot here in Mesa. It is a 10K. I first ran it a couple of years ago, but this is the first year I wasn't pregnant, or hadn't just had a baby! So, I was hoping to be lightning fast (ha) and win my age division. Again, ha! Actually, I just wanted to be under an hour, and I ran it in 53 mins and 54 seconds (I think). Next year I am going to try to get down to 50 mins. Hmm... hope I can do it! I love running the trot because then I feel like I can eat all the pie I want. What more could you want?
We had the dinner at my house, which I was very excited about until a week before Thanksgiving my top oven of the double ovens decided to go out. Umm.... you only use your double ovens on Thanksgiving! What the heck???? Of course they are Viking and super "special" and only a Viking guy will touch them, and they can't get out until after Thanksgiving, so we had to have it with one oven, and it actually worked out just fine. So, crisis averted. We had so much pie left over that this morning - 5 days after I made it - I pulled out one of the pumpkin pies we didn't even break in to. I decided that would be a GREAT breakfast before teaching a couple of classes at the gym. Much to my surprise and dismay, the pie was slimy and smelled a little bad. So, I had to dump the WHOLE pie! ugh! Do you know how painful that was? I'm sure my waist thanks me though.
We also had the pleasure of seeing how a totally , um, different type of people live this weekend. We've had a young couple renting our Glendale house for over 2 years. They moved out last month and we needed to make some repairs, upgrades, etc. Well, we had the cleaning ladies go out at 6:30 Sat. morning to clean it up for the new renters to move in that afternoon. She called and said, "Have you seen this place? It is bad!" I knew we were in trouble. We drove over there to meet them when they were done, and it looked great, after 4 hours of scrubbing. They said the fridge and oven had dog hair everywhere. What were they doing? Cooking dog? Eeww!! They also asked if the couple had kids. I said they had a little girl. They said they thought so. Why? I ask. Well, there were boogers wiped all over the walls. Double EEWWW!! Then, I took Conner and Savannah out back and proceeded to scoop up about 2 years worth of poop from the back yard! What is wrong with people? Who lives like that? I mean seriously!!!! I don't care how poor you are, you don't have to have money to be clean! Scooping poop doesn't cost a thing!
Then, we looked over the fence to the next door neighbor (which isn't hard to do because the fence is only 5 ft. high). She probably has 10 dogs back there and dog poop everywhere! The pool is 100% green - looked like a pond in Mexico. One of the poor dogs was drinking out of it. She apparently breeds dogs there. ugh! There was poop all over by the doggie door in and out of the house, so I can only imagine what the house looks like.
Needless to say, we had to do a serious de-contamination when we got home. Seriously, how do people live like that??????
Oh well, that night we got to hang out with our good friends from St. George - Hi John and Dru! - and see my brother who surprised us with a visit this weekend! That was a great weekend for me! :)
A Series of Unfortunate Events
10 years ago
3 comments:
Wow. I'm glad you didn't have to be the one to clean that. Those cleaning ladies must be worth their weight in gold, eh? Glad you enjoyed turkey day and had a good time seeing Keith (and Aimee?)
yeah good job on the turkey trot! you beat me by 10 min.! holy cow! and that whole thing about the gross people....ummm yuck! Sorry!
yeah good job on the turkey trot! you beat me by 10 min.! holy cow! and that whole thing about the gross people....ummm yuck! Sorry!
Post a Comment