Ahh Spring Break Mormon style:
Forget going to some beach with our friends and doing all sorts of unmentionable things (this is a family blog you know!), we decided to head to the mountains and the cabin with some friends, and WITHOUT husbands! Don't worry - we were very good and no one did anything they'll have to confess to their bishop, but we had fun anyway.
My friends Sheri and Beth brought their kids, and we really had a great time up at the cabin. Course the cabin and I have an extremely hate-hate relationship. We really don't get along - ever since the first time we went and I froze to death on an air mattress in the basement in "our" room. But I thought I'd brave it and head up for a couple of days and take some R and R with the kids.
So, we planned this little trip, and about 3 days before we were going I realized I hadn't talked to Lane about this. Oops. So I mentioned one night very late as we were going to bed (I think I was hoping he would be half asleep but I could still say I told him, and he just wouldn't remember) that some friends and I were going to the cabin. He was awake. "I'm not invited?" Well, I guess you can come, just you'll be the only guy there! So, he decided to bow out and let us go on our own. He tried to put on the "poor me" charade about being left alone, wanting to spend time with the kids, etc. However, sure enough, the second night we are there I call to check in, and where is he? At the Suns' game. Yeah, I feel REAL bad for this guy.
In the meantime, we had the water heater that didn't work (cold shower for a couple crazy girls that attempted it!), power went out in half the cabin - so the base
ment was FREEZING, and our cell phones don't work at the cabin. We had to drive up to the street 300 yards away and make calls from there. I know, waaaa waaa, but it was a little frustrating! Hey, we got over that pretty fast and had a great time riding quads, playing games, and taking turns pushing Addi in the swing outside. That gave me total flashbacks to when Savannah was that age and I swear one weekend we went up, and she wouldn't move from the swing. I think we had to get the crowbar to unhook her backside and legs from the swing! Addi was the same way! It was pretty funny. But we had lots of kids around to take their turn pushing her, and mom was pretty happy to have 2 days she didn't have to entertain or watch her little tornado every second of the day!
I'm sad to say school starts again on Monday. I enjoyed sleeping in a little, but it will be nice to get back to the normal swing of things. Enjoy a few pictures from the trip. I can't believe I don't have a single one of us on the quads! That was the highlight of the whole time. Oh well.
2 comments:
How lucky you are to have friends that you can go do things like this with. That's always been the way you are, though. Luckily you make fast and forever friends. It's amazing. Oh, and I have two words for you: Adam Lambert. The next phrase is PG-13: what the h-e-double?
So - if your awesome sis comes to the cabin with you and goes CRAZY on the quads, will it still be a hate-hate? I am interested to see the place of relaxation. I don't feel bad for the SUNS dude - however, I still love him. See ya soon.(smile)
Post a Comment