The Cook family festivities began on Christmas Eve with the traditional appetizers, talent show and reading/acting of the Christmas story. We were severely short on boys, with Conner being the only one, and refusing to be in the play. (How can I possibly have a shy son? I don't get it!)
Darren and Ruth hosted this year. Too much food was consumed, and some budding stars were discovered in the talent show. I couldn't get Kayla to sing or anything, but we did get Kayla and Addi to do "UP". It is Kayla's cheer stunts she does with Addi! I am not kidding - it is so fun to watch. She gets Addi standing up on her hands and she cheers, "Go Fremont!" It is the cutest thing ever. I am going to try to video it and put it on the blog. Anyway, they were a hit.
At home we enjoyed opening the new pj's and ornaments we get every year. The kids then go have a "sleep-over" in Kayla's room, where not a whole lot of sleeping goes on. They are so excited they can hardly sleep, but eventually they do, and Santa can get to work - cause heaven knows he is very good to us every year!


2 comments:
I'm dying to hear how the New Year's Eve party went: what questions you used, what games you played, how the dance went for Kayla, what food you ate. Just curious.
Sounds like a lot of fun and food!! Love the holidays!:) Love the sleep-overs that are had. Do you remember having ours downstairs? We were sooooo excited but ended up sleeping anyway, at least I did. Anyway - glad to have the memories. Love to see the stunt video if you do it.
Post a Comment