(This is on Conner's 1st birthday. I really don't think we had a digital camera when he was born! No digital shots - you'll have to come look at our old-fashioned scrapbook! :)
May 4, 2004 was a very happy day. It was the day I finally got my boy. Don't get me wrong - I love my girls, but I had 2 of them, and was sooooo excited to get a boy - hoping maybe some testosterone would even out all the estrogen flowing in our house? :) (Actually I should probably say Lane was hoping for that!)
Conner was my smallest baby - weighing in at 7 lbs. 14 oz. (I think). We induced him one day before he was due - which I kinda regret now, because it would have been really fun to have a Cinco de Mayo baby. Oh well, I was sooooo ready to get him out!
So here is a note for our family history about my sweet Conner and what he loves/does at age 6.
He LOVES to ride his bike. He just learned to ride without training wheels about 2 months ago, after I finally put my foot down and said "You are going to ride your bike!" The funny thing is - his best friend Cooper told me this: Um, you need to teach Conner to ride his bike! He says you keep forgetting! Yeah right, more like my kid is scared to death and I have tried and tried and he wouldn't do it. I guess the peer pressure from his friend finally got him going. What a happy day it was that he learned to ride - and he hasn't gotten off ever since! :) Now he and Savannah ride their bikes to school every day. If I say we have to drive because they are too late he freaks out. He loves riding his bike.
He makes sound effects like you wouldn't believe. If we ever wonder where Conner is, if I listen real close I will hear little plastic figures fighting, rockets blasting off, cars zooming, you name it! He can entertain himself for quite a while with one or two action figures and his sound effects. That is OK, except in church when I have to quiet him from his blast off sounds!
He also loves to whistle. Kinda weird I think, but he does it a lot He has become a great reader. He was the first kid I sent to school not reading. (I know, take away my mother of the year award!) He just wasn't super interested, but he has taken off on his reading, and does sooo good now!
His best friend is our neighbor Cooper. They are 4 months apart in age, and have so much fun together. I love that they run back and forth between our houses and have a blast. They are the cutest boys ever!
He swims like a fish - even though I haven't gotten in the pool yet! It is too cold! Not for him! He is a great swimmer. He is going to do swim team this year for the first time.
He is very afraid of unknown things. I know I have to prepare him and talk to him about stuff and let him get a glimpse before he'll try anything. He takes time to warm up to anything new, but then he's fine. First day of soccer he sat at the side and pouted and wouldn't do it. His first game of baseball he sat at the side and wouldn't play. Yet once he figured out it wasn't bad, he was a great player and loved the sports! He better love them because his dad can't have a boy who isn't an athlete! :)
He writes with his right hand, but does everything else left. Throws a ball, bats, kicks, etc. Kinda weird huh?
He really doesn't like church - which has us a little nervous - ha! He told my friend the other day, "Church is 3 hours of boring!" Funny kid.
Most of all, he is the sweetest loving, pretty easy-going kid. My favorite thing was one night I was tucking him in and he said, "Mom you know what I think when I hear the word love?" I said, "No, what do you think of?" He said, "You, because I just love you so much." Seriously. He has my heart. :)
For his party all he wanted was to go to Chuck E. Cheese. Well, that was easy! So, we invited 12 kids and they had a great time.


2 comments:
Oh cute boy! Happy birthday sweety.
For the 1st time I can say he looks like a little grown up kid. Wow. He has really changed!! I love the photo of him at 1 yr old and then to compare to now. He is definitely the same kid but big now. Glad he's still so easy to please with that mouse, friends and games:) Yeahoo!
Post a Comment