Wednesday, May 25, 2011

A Happy Post!

It was brought to my attention today that I may have seemed a little sad or negative in a couple of my last posts.  We ALL know that I am NEVER sad or mad! ha!  But, actually, those times are pretty rare, so I am going to do a happy post of all the good things that happened just this week, OK?  Then you all can know that I am OK and not ready to go "postal" any time soon.

Here goes:

1) Although shattered and bent, my cell phone still works. :)

2)  The French Open started this week - so I get to watch lots of tennis.

3)  Summer tennis leagues start next week, so I get to start playing tennis! (that has been hard having 3 weeks off!  no like!)

4) The cleaning ladies worked their magic on Tuesday, and the house stayed clean for 1 full hour.

5)  Addi is so happy and loves me so much because I bought her some barrettes for her hair.  Her exact words upon finding them were, "Oh Thank you so much mommy!  Heavenly Father and Jesus are going to be soooo happy!"   I hope they are, Addi.

6) Tax return = huge = happy! :) (Maybe a new 2 or 3 carat diamond?)

7)  I get paid to work out almost every day - how great is that?

8)  My eyebrows were waxed straight, despite the fact that the lady was crying and in a fight on the phone the whole time she was doing them.

9)  My husband told me last night that I am the most amazingly talented person he has ever known.  (After overhearing me on the phone helping my friend's daughter with her Spanish homework.  I guess he is amazed that I know how to do all these verb conjugations when I only took 1 class in Mexico 15 years ago?)  Apparently he doesn't know a whole lot of people, but who doesn't like to hear that?

10)  Finally, I had some of the really good kind of chocolate, and that ALWAYS seems to make things better!

I could go on and on about how my kids are healthy, and Lane is tolerating his chemo very well, and school is out tomorrow, and the sun is shining, and I have awesome friends, and I had a Sweetcakes sugar cookie today, and am so blessed every time I turn around, but I'll shut up now!

4 comments:

larsen family said...

Hey there, just checking in on the Cooks! We think of you guys often. We will have to get together sometime since summer is finally here!

parentsof8 said...

We are sure and happy to hear you are sure that you are blessed by a wonderful family and husband. You are amazing and we love you too!

scottandkaelyn said...

WOW! I hope you enjoy an even bigger ring...? Glad you are happy about several things. It's always nice to have a breath of happy between the sadness. Maybe Addi will be the only girl to leave barretts in?!?!?!? Yeah for you.

Kamille said...

Hey there. I stopped in to catch up. Nice to see you are grateful.