Halloween was a little bit much this year. Because it fell on a Monday, we were celebrating for a whole week straight!
The Monday before Halloween (Oct. 24) was Savannah's actual birthday, and Grandma's annual Halloween party.
Everyone but dad dressed up and went to the party. The kids look forward to it every year.
We were able to have some cake and ice cream with the family, even though no one wanted any, because we were so full from our dinner, donut eating contest, and all the candy around!
The next day we got to get Savannah's ears pierced!!! I said when they are 8 they can, Lane wanted at 12, so we compromised, and the girls get their ears pierced at 10. Conner, never! :)
Savannah was a little scared, but she did great, and didn't shed a single tear, unlike Kayla who literally was bawling and sobbing in the place. Even I was embarrassed for her! :)
![]() |
| A nervous Savannah who wanted to sit on my lap to get her ears pierced. |
![]() |
| Ready, set, shoot! |
![]() |
| What have we here? Someone found some glasses mom will never let her have. Hope this isn't a sign of things to come! ha! |
By Monday, the actual day of Halloween, I was really ready to be all done! So, I just took the kids trick or treating as mom.
We went with a bunch of friends from the ward in their neighborhood, because our neighborhood is full of old people who don't trick or treat! Oh I can't wait to move.
Well, 2 days after Halloween, we discovered that we forgot to carve the pumpkins. So, the kids decided to do it anyway. Better late than never! Then I was able to make roasted pumpkin seeds, which I love!
Needless to say, I was ready for Halloween to be over, but that means Thanksgiving is around the corner, then you blink and it is Christmas, turn around and it is New Years, and before you know it you are in the dreary letdown of January.
Let the madness begin....








1 comments:
What a fun Halloween! You all have such fun dressing up and doing those kind of things. You might as well celebrate if you can!
Savannah's birthday was wonderful. I would have loved to see the cake. Way to go! You do it all. Have a good time and enjoy these years.
Post a Comment