For Christmas, waaayyyy back in December, Lane gave me 2 tickets to 2 days at the Indian Wells tennis tournament in March in Palm Springs, CA. I was so excited as I've been wanting to go to this for a long time! This is a great tourney to go to because all the big names are there. Sometimes when you are on the lower level tournaments, the bigger players skip them, or only one or two of them come to play.
For some reason, the top players really love this tournament, so I wanted to go see them in action! What a great place, and lots of fun. However, you do need to be a true tennis fan. Lane came with me, and stuck through the whole first day happily, and ended up suffering through the second day. He was tennis-ed out, but hung in there. Thanks honey!
Course, this kinda helped:
Yes, that really is my husband playing Angry Birds on his I-pad after a long day of tennis. Fine by me!
You are really able to get up so close on some of the smaller courts! We enjoyed a front row seat to see American Robbie Ginepri lose to some Russian guy. We also happened to run into a friend of ours from BYU who lives in Idaho now, but was there watching the tennis because his son got to be one of the ball boys! How cool is that? I'm just thrilled that as I walked by me he recognized me still after all these years and stopped me to say hi!
Here's a little collage of all the fun. Unfortunately I wasn't able to see Roger Federer or Rafael Nadal play a match as they weren't scheduled the two days we were there. However, I did enjoy watching them on the practice courts! They are RIGHT THERE! It is crazy! How I would have loved to be a professional tennis player. Maybe in the next life, huh?
A sign of true love is a husband who will sit through all that with you and keep a smile on his face. (And let you buy a cute tennis outfit in the cram-packed tennis store there too!) He was a trooper. Though we both agree I can go next year with the girls from my tennis team instead! :)

1 comments:
That is a great treat to go with your husband and share something that means a lot to you. Will he buy all your friends tickets next year?
Post a Comment