Yesterday at about 12:45 in the middle of the day, our neighbor's 2 year old daughter drowned in their pool. I happened to see all the news crews at their house and wondered what was going on and went down to ask. I can't remember the last time I felt so sick or sad. They are a nice family in our ward that have 4 little girls. We have just started to get to know them as we have only lived here 7 weeks. My heart is breaking right now! I can't imagine the horror that family is experiencing right now, and I feel so helpless! All I can do is pray for them, and of course we are taking dinner over tonight.
Anyway, it made me hug my kids extra tight and thank the Lord for them. (Although the crying baby hanging on my leg while I type this is not helping my love for her right now!:)
We just never know what will happen in life, so we need to live life to the fullest. I am learning that more and more each day.
By the way, because I went down to ask what happened, the news lady asked if I knew the family, I said yes, and suddenly I had 5 cameras and microphones in my face. I was on all 5 news channels yesterday. How sad to have my 2 seconds of "fame" be for something so tragic.
A Series of Unfortunate Events
10 years ago
2 comments:
That is heartbreaking! I saw the headlines last night and I thought that looked like your neighborhood. Glad your family is safe! We'll keep them in our prayers.
Hey "famous" friend! They even spelled your name wrong...dang it! :)jk! That is horrible though. Crystal is coming over today and we are going to scrapbook a sign in book the funeral.
Post a Comment