Monday, August 11, 2008

Happy Birthaversary to me!!!

So many of you may not know that our Anniversary is August 10, and my birthday is the 11th. (Yup, one of the dumbest things I ever did - getting married the day before my birthday!) Oh well, it has been 17 years of true happiness, and every year I either get a birthday poem from Lane, or an anniversary poem. This year, Lane combined the two, and came up with what I would call a masterpiece. I am posting it here for you all to enjoy.

Happy Birthaversary 2008 Mydle!

I declare in Beijing, a new event should start,
Olympic gold would be the prize, for those who’d play their part.

Multi-tasking they would call it, lining up the athletes,
Put them in the starting blocks, tense with racing heartbeats.
Pow! The gun would fire off, they’d take off in a leap,
Olympic Mothers running hard, hoping gold to reap.

Grab a baby, strap it on, then slalom through Wal-Mart.
Talking on a cell phone, with a wobbly 3 wheeled cart.
Cook a dinner with 1 hand, while reading for book club,
Then oversee a pool-build, while you Yoga as a Sub.

Plan a daughter’s party, while you cook for someone needy,
Shush 4 kids while folding mounds of laundry very speedy.

Cook for funerals, birthing mothers, and for family parties,
Then drive like Earnhardt Jr. to the mall so you’re not tardy.

Pay the bills with left hand, while you vacuum with the right,
Then come around the final bend, with finish line in sight.

Teach piano, plant a tree, but hurry up a mite
Finish with a forehand smash, while brushing hair just right.

Welcome home your tire husband, cheery and adoring,
Listen to him groan a bit how work was kind of boring.

Clearly Mydle wins the gold, lets put her on the stand.
And sing her Birthday anthem, while we give her all our hand.

In the multi-tasking games of the Olympiad,
You are our gold medalist, the best the world’s had.

Happy Birthday, Happy Anniversary Mydle. We all love you!
Love, Lane


He is pretty creative isn't he? I guess he knew he needed to write a good one because he had to leave for Mexico today, so that was OK. The really scary thing is that every single thing he mentioned I do in the poem - I really had to do all in one week. I wish I was winning a gold medal for all of that! Oh well, I bring it all upon myself, so it is my own fault!

So we celebrated with the family yesterday. I got to sleep in (yea!) and then I got breakfast in bed! (don't even ask about the kitchen - ugh). We then did cards and presents. I should scan Savannah's note in, because it was hilarious. It has a person coming down out of the sky between 2 big spires from church and mountains on each side. The person is saying "Come" and you see the back of 6 people - obviously our family - facing the person coming out of the sky. As Savannah explains it, "That is Sister Christ, and she is telling us to come into the kingdom of heaven - and there's Dad, you, Kayla, me, Conner and Addison going there." Um....... Sister Christ? Who is that? "You know, Jesus' wife - Sister Christ!" Wow - talk about wanting to die laughing.

But, I got a new gold watch - as the old one got chocolate inside (don't ask) and doesn't work any more. I also got some new aerobic shoes which I need really bad, so I was happy! Plus, Kayla bought me a new shirt and a cute necklace/bracelet set. I was sure spoiled!

2 comments:

Tricia said...

Lane did do a great job an that poem! WOW! I never knew Lane was such a poet!! I am still waiting to see Savannah's picture! :)

Kamille said...

Lane just doesn't change, does he. He is a funny guy. And, Sister Christ is totally the name of Jesus' wife. You should scan that card to send into the Catholic church and see how they feel about Jesus' wife. Tee hee. Happy birthday to you.