Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Lymphomathon report

The Lymphoma Walkathon was a great success. There were a lot of people there and we were happy to see that. People walked in memory of someone, for someone who is fighting right now, or for people who are in remission and good. It gave me a strange mixed sense of emotions. All the lymphoma survivors wear a yellow T-shirt, and the rest wear white. I saw many yellow T-shirts, and it gives you a lot of hope. You also realize how young, old, male, female doesn't matter. Cancer doesn't discriminate. Wow, sometimes I wish we didn't have this little trial. Is it terrible to say I long for the days when our life was perfect and the worst thing I worried about was one of my kids driving me crazy? Oh well, we tackle this head on, full of faith and we are blessed every day, so I'll take it.




Now for the fun story. I had to stop for kleenex at a bathroom and took Savannah in with me. I was in the stall getting some TP to blow my nose and Savannah says, "Hey mom! Did you know they sell napkins here?!" I said, "They do?" "Yea," she says, "They cost 25 cents." I say, "Do you need a napkin?" She says, "no". whew! I was laughing inside, that's for sure!

Here are some fun pictures of the Cooks on the walk. Enjoy!

There are 3 of my monkeys, and a few more behind!

4 comments:

Kamille said...

Love the ginormous shirt on Conner. It accents his waistline so well. Once again, congrats on your walk and being involved. You are awesome!

Angi said...

We love and miss you all so very much. Keep on keepin' on!

Kristin said...

Good for you guys! That's awesome!

Tricia said...

that's awesome! You guys are great!! And I don't understand why you didn't give savannah a "napkin" !! (wink, wink!) haha ;)