So we may have turned a corner in one small part of Addi's development. Either that, or the change of environment around here has stopped her problem. Which of the many is that? you ask. The running away! I think it has been 3 weeks that I haven't had to go searching the neighborhood or calling the neighbors looking for her! Yes, a milestone indeed. I was thinking maybe it's because she is figuring out mom really isn't very nice when she does that, but then it occurred to me that Conner and Savannah are home - so she isn't out chasing them - and it is 5,000 degrees outside, so she doesn't want to be out wandering the streets.
Now as I type this, it occurs to me that maybe her day wandering has turned into much cooler night wandering in the house. Ugh. You all saw the post before about her night escapades. Well, this morning Savannah told me that Addi came into her room about 5 am and played until about 6:15 when they came upstairs and watched TV and Savannah tried to get her to sleep on the couch. I was up by 6:30 (I slept in today! :) and heard voices out in the family room. Double Ugh. That's what I get for trying to let her sleep in her bed instead of in lockdown in the crib. Looks like I have to try to turn the doorknob around and put the lock on the outside. I still think she'll just play in her room in the middle of the night but at least she won't be waking everyone else up!
4 comments:
She sure is giving you a run for your money! :-) Good thing you have so much experience up your sleeve!
One day you are going to have so much ammunition against that little girl. Wowza. She'll enjoy that wedding fodder, I'm sure.
Yep! Turning the lock around to the outside works great! I've done it and felt bad for the 1st day, but after that, I was home free!! Wahoo! Good luck:)
You'll figure it out and so will she. Just you wait! She has a mind that works overtime and is getting smarter by the day. With all her experiences about how she can and cannot do things she will have life pretty well figured out. Oh, that we all could.
Post a Comment