Thursday, September 2, 2010

My new (different) job






Today I reported for my first day of work at Visionmakers Int'l. I get to be the assistant who does all the office stuff and eats the candy out of the candy bowl. (They didn't stock the proper chocolate for me though . . .)


So, I'm sure you all know how boring and un-busy (is that a word) my life is, so you can totally understand why on earth I would add another little job to my schedule. I really have nothing better to do, right? ha!

I actually just happen to have an "in" with the owner of this company and he wanted some hot secretary in front a couple of days a week. I told him he couldn't have that, but he could have me! :) So, Mondays and Thursdays while Addi is at pre-school, I get to come and pretend I am a member of the real workforce for a few hours. I obviously have very mixed feelings about this. I mean really - how good of an idea is it to work for your husband????? Man, he thinks I don't run the house all that well? Wait till he sees me run his office! ha!

Actually, all kidding aside, I am going to dust off my Bachelors of Communications degree from BYU and hang it on the wall (not really), and then I'll dust off my brain which has been in mommy mode for the last 15 years, and maybe learn more about his business, then take it over and kick him out! ha!

Too bad my boss isn't even going to be here today to tell me what I need to do. I'm sure blog updates are on the list of to-dos. :)

0 comments: