So you may not believe me - I don't believe it myself. Somehow after last weekend's failed camping attempt on the roof, Lane convinced me to go camping with the kids for real this last weekend. I was so not wanting to go, but his brother Darren and his family invited us to go with them, and we thought that would be fun.
So we loaded up the car with all our stuff and drove up to the Mogollon Rim and spent Friday night. I can handle 1 night of camping, right?
Let me just say though, you may want to carefully check to be sure you have
- enough pillows for everyone (I went without - ugh!)
- jackets for everyone (I forgot mine - but got one for all the kids, so that is a bonus!)
-napkins/paper towels
- a skillet or any sort of pan for your stove that you want to cook pancakes on
- soap
-towels/rags
-broom to sweep out the tent
-graham crackers for your s'mores
you get the idea - we forgot a lot of stuff.

That's what you do it for - to make memories. I sure love my family! :)

3 comments:
Glad you got to have a real camping trip this time. It is worth it in the end - even though at the time, it stinks!! Glad you had fun though. We'll have to do that sometime too.:)
Yeah! Now you know what to do next time! Glad you had that time together because you are really together and building and learning from eachother. You keep up the courage about doing those things, it will pay off with memories and remembering.
Glad you had fun! And that you survived without your pillow! That's an essential for me. We go camping for 8 days every July. Ryan drags me kicking and screaming and then I have lots of fun... until around day 5. (: Then I start begging to go home again. (:
Post a Comment