Did they really have to burst open the can of spray paint over in the empty lot in the 10 minutes I was running Kayla to piano? Could they not have done it the 2 hours they were out there before I left? Or maybe waited till I got home? Nope, it had to be while I was gone.
All I can say is thank heaven for my awesome neighbor who took care of them and calmed them down, and Conner's long, long eyelashes that protected his eyes.
Lessons learned that day:
1) You can never sneak away for a minute because that will be the minute your perfectly happy, playing with the neighbor kids will suddenly need you.
2) Boys are very curious, and spray paint cans can turn into bombs that need to be exploded, and if you hit it enough, it will explode all over your face!
3) Acetone (nail polish remover), oil-free eye makeup remover, soap, and water do not remove spray paint from your face.
4) You can google how to get it off though, and you will find you are not the first person to have had this problem!
5) Ponds cold cream, or any oil-based makeup remover will remove spray paint from your face with no stinging or pain really. Just rub it on, let it sit a minute, and with a rag, you can scrub it off. It is a little hard to get out of the ears though!
6) 4 days after the incident, you may be sitting in church and realize there are still tons of flecks of paint in your boy's hair.
So, here's Conner after my neighbor cleaned him up with everything she could think of. I guess it was worse than this to begin with!
P.S. - I had to pay Conner a dollar to let me take this picture. He hates pictures.
5 comments:
That is so funny! I have a spray paint incident from childhood. A friend and I found some spray paint that we thought was "clear" and we spray painted our names all over the side of her house! When it dried, the culprits were caught red handed! (How did they know it was us? we thought!) We were so busted and had to paint over the house. So I guess spray paint isn't only tempting for boys. :)
ROFL! THat picture is PRICELESS! I don't know what color spray paint that was, but you would pay good money to have someone paint that leopard print on your face for Halloween! Should have left it a week! LOL. Thanks for the laugh tonight Kath!
Oh Kath, that is too funny! Thanks for the laugh :)
Oh my gosh. I'm home alone and busting a gut. That is the funniest boy thing I've seen in a while.
Thanks Conner for making my day. Just remember they do grow up and the "events" only get more expensive.
Still laughing out LOUD!
Boy, what a great Halloween mask! We are so glad it didn't get into his eyes. That could have been a disaster. This story makes us laugh and we love that Conner boy!
Post a Comment