Friday, August 5, 2011

A little birthday catch-up

It's been crazy and busy around here, so I haven't been able to post the few birthday pics I have from Kayla and Lane's birthday.  Here's a hint of the fun we had! :)




Window art on our freshly cleaned windows.  Thanks guys! :)

 One very, very happy 16 year old with her license.  One very, very happy mom to have a girl to drive herself and the kids to some stuff! :)  (Time for that 3rd car!)



Besides a cure for cancer, what do you give a man who has everything?  Seriously, Lane is sooooo hard to shop for because he has everything he needs/wants, and just buys something if he wants it!  So, I decided to make his very favorite cake for him.  Coconut cake.  Yuck.  Seriously an act of love to make something not chocolate! :) ha!  Actually, I did make this little puppy from scratch, and until you put the toenails - er coconut - into the cake and on top, it is super good.  The batter was sooo yummy, and the frosting is too, just without the flakes.  Next time I will make the whole thing with no flakes except on top - on Lane's side! :)

Apparently I did a good job.  He was very happy.  Let me tell you though, the ultimate gift was our sweet Kayla bringing down her guitar and playing and singing a Taylor Swift song she wrote her own words to for her dad.  I was balling, he was crying, it was so beautiful.  I'm trying to find a way to get it on here!  I was able to upload it to FB, but can't get it to the blog!  What the heck??



Birthday kids at their Birthday dinner at Texas Roadhouse.  Their rolls - yum!!

Me and the little devil/angel.

Me and the birthday boy.


Kayla got to go out to eat with her Grandma and Grandpa too.  


Now we start getting ready for our trip to Italy.  7 days in Italy, then 8 days on a cruise to Italy, Spain and France.  Wow, how fun is that?!!!  So excited!!! :)

2 comments:

scottandkaelyn said...

Just a bit jealous!! Have fun on your trip. Glad you were able to have fun B-days. Scott calls them toenails too. Funny but it looks just like them!! Gross!!!
Congrats to Kayla for her driver's license! :)

parentsof8 said...

Glad to see the picts and hear about Kayla and Lane's BD. These are special times to build memories. We saw Kayla sing to her Dad on facebook and it was precious. What an angel she is. Love you all.