Conner is obsessed with Rocky. This summer Lane bought the series Rocky 1-4. We started watching, and the kids were hooked, and LOVE it!! Well, Halloween is coming, and Conner wants to be Rocky. Lane found him a cool costume online and ordered it. Every day Conner gets home and asks if it is here yet. The kid can't wait.
Well, the other day in the car was the first time Conner told us he wanted to be Rocky for Halloween. I said I'm sure we could make/find him a cool costume. Then Addi pipes up, "Yeah, and I'm gonna be Apollo Creed!!" I wanted to die laughing. Anyone have an Apollo Creed outfit for a little 4 year old girl? I haven't found one on the internet yet. :)
Then, this last week just me and Conner were in the car. He asked, "Hey mom? How do you end up knowing if you are going to marry a girl? Do you just, like, hang out and stuff til you get comfortable, then you just ask them if they want to marry you?"
I tried not to laugh. I love seeing how the little wheels are turning in their heads, and they are trying to figure life out.
I told him something like yes, you'll find a girl you like, and you'll hang out, and you'll really start to like her a lot, and she'll like you, and one day you will decide you want to marry her and be with her all the time. You'll pray to Heavenly Father about it to see if she is the right one, and if he tells you yes, then that's when you will ask her to marry you.
Then he said, "Is that what you and dad did?" Yup, I said, that's what we did. :)
I love that boy. I also didn't remind him that just last year he told me he doesn't want to marry a total stranger and have to move out and live away from me. :)
Suddenly I'm worried that s e x questions are going to start coming. Good thing Lane gets to handle him on those! :)
A Series of Unfortunate Events
10 years ago
2 comments:
I just got on and got caught up on your trip. It looks so fabulous. I love the factoids about the Basilica, and I LOVED the Trevi fountain when I was there forever ago. Your pictures from France are to die for. I am so glad that you got to go with your awesome hubby to an awesome place and have such a great time. Truly wonderful. And your kids are a riot. My kids just got turned on to Star Wars, so Mace wants to be Padme for Halloween. They are so funny, and it's great to know that some of the movies we loved when we were young will still translate to our kiddos. Love the posts, you awesome woman.
How funny is that!? My kids don't care who they are for Halloween, as long as they get candy!!! I love the questions they ask to catch you off guard...then fighting to keep your laugh in and scrambling to get your answer out! Love it!!!
Great answers BTW.
Post a Comment