Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy 8th Birthday to my FAVORITE boy!!

Wow, where does the time go?
8 years ago, we were blessed with a beautiful, healthy baby boy.  I was so excited to get a boy, and I don't even have to tell you Lane was ecstatic about it!

He was induced 1 day before he was due, because I hadn't gone into labor with the last 2, and didn't really feel the need to birth another 1 week late 9 1/2 lb. baby like the last 2!!

Ironically, he was my smallest! 7 lbs. 13 oz.  But he was perfect and I couldn't love him more.  I do remember having a hard time not calling him sweetie, or princess or beautiful.  I had to switch to buddy and handsome.  I still 8 years later sometimes make the CARDINAL sin of calling his underwear "panties".  You wanna see someone freak out?  Yikes!!  He is all boy and I love it!!

Conner actually got to spend his birthday going camping on the father's and son's outing for church.  He had a blast, and Lane is sure he possibly caught a glimpse of him while they were up there. :)  He was with his little buddies the whole time playing in the forest and with fire.  Perfect combination, right?

We had a party at our park on Saturday.  He wanted a sports theme.  So, we had 12 little boys here playing speed on the basketball court, running timed soccer drills in the field, hitting balls in our baseball home run derby, and of course killing each other with squirt guns and wet squish balls. (It was only 95 degrees out that afternoon! :) )

My friend Heather made these amazingly cute and delicious cupcakes.  Pearls before swine I say!  Next time I'm going with cheap cake and the good cupcakes for adults!!! Not a single boy ate the cupcakes!  They all wanted the cheap ice cream cake from Safeway!

Conner and Coop!

Basketball Speed - they take it very seriously!

Home run derby


Line for the pinata!

Hitting for candy!



This is what happens when there are no forks to eat the ice cream cake! :)

Happy Birthday my Conner boy!!!


Now we get to look forward to his baptism in a couple of weeks!  He is so excited!

0 comments: