I will start this post with a disclaimer: *** Warning!**** If you are experiencing cabin fever, sick of snow, freezing in your house, shoveling your driveway for the 3rd time today, you just may not want to read this post! ****
With that out of the way, I am going to say yesterday was a great day! I enjoyed a nice 6.2 mile run (training for the Ragnar Relay), went to the temple with Lane (need the blessings), and then spent a long time out at the park with the kids (have to be a good mom).
What a gorgeous day it was yesterday! You know, I was heard saying many times, "Over my dead body will I ever live in Arizona." Well, I guess that's what life is all about - to teach you to never say never. And yesterday, I was happy to live in AZ!
The kids all wanted to play at the park next door. So, I grabbed some reading material and headed over. The neighbor girls and some of their friends were also at the park. We ended up just having a blast with everyone playing together - even Conner.
I have to back up and say we only have 6 families that live in our neighborhood. One of them only has 2 teenage kids so we don't see them a lot. The rest of us are very good friends and really have fun together. Here's the kicker - until about a month ago, we had the 4 families of us with little kids. We are great friends - and everyone has girls. Combined
together, we have 14 kids. Two, yes 2, are boys! Can you believe it! We are one hormone infested neighborhood!! Thank heaven we have had a family with 2 boys (although the wrong ages) move in, and now a new family with a boy Conner's age is moving in next month! HALLELUJAH!
Thank heaven for little Justin down the street - he is getting older and Conner likes playing with him now. But, without Justin, Conner just has to play with the girls - ALL of them! Apparently yesterday he was able to hold his own. Here's a few shots of our perfect day at the park.
Conner - quite the ladies' man!
2 comments:
I would be jealous, except that I'll be THERE next week! Chris has a conference. We're staying with Diana. Email me your phone numbers so we can get together.
YEP! After this past week with Ryan and his nasty RSV/pneumonia - I'm ready to migrate down there!!! I am jealous. But glad your kids have friends. Reading is always a nice break.
Post a Comment