Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Birthday Bonanza!

So, how is it that I get to be the luckiest person in the world who has the best family and friends and got to have a great birthday?


For those who know me, I really don't hide the things I love in life. Here they are in no particular order:
1) Chocolate
2) Tennis
3) Waterskiing
4) Family and friends
5) Working out

Well, I hit the jackpot yesterday by getting to do ALL 5 of the above listed things.

The day started with a friendly doubles tennis match from 7 - 9 a.m., then I picked up the kids and my sister Kaelyn (who is in town) and zoomed over to the gym to teach my 2 classes. I love teaching aerobics, so that was fun. After that, me and Kae left the kids with Kayla (my wonderful babysitter) while we went and had lunch at Tia Rosa's (yum). Zooming home we all got in our swim suits and headed to Saguaro Lake with my awesome friend Beth and her family who took us waterskiing and tubing all afternoon! Anyone who knew me in high school has probably heard me say I want to die waterskiing eating chocolate. What a way to go!

But, back to my perfect day . . . we came home and had a yummy chocolate Costco cake and ice cream. Thanks to Lane for getting that for me! In years past I have had to make my own cake!

So I won't mention the fact that every muscle in my body is in a bit of pain today. I will just continue to bask in the glow of a great birthday with wonderful family and friends!



The kids had a blast

My little sis who came for the week for a wedding - AND my birthday!

My sweet husband who wasn't feeling the greatest, but came anyway and was a good sport on the boat.

My awesome friend Beth who thought of the greatest day ever in the first place!




Finally, me hitting 29 years old, but still looking like a 20 year old on the waterski right? ha! ;)



3 comments:

Kamille said...

I hope you got my present today! Happy Birthday. I'm glad your day was packed with the things you love. You deserve to be spoiled.

parentsof8 said...

what a fun day to have and don't know how you got so many things into the same hours of the day that I have. Glad you are feeling like a 20 year old. We know how old you are!

Jill said...

I got your message about the grand canyon, sounds great! Let's plan it for next summer. I haven't been there since I was Lauren's age.