Lane took a bunch of our old family videos to a transfer place, and they put all our old tapes into a drive that we can just plug into our computer and watch whenever we want.
Needless to say, the kids have been watching these like crazy!!! We have now seen Kayla, Savannah and Conner's birth. Wow - seeing me puffy, pregnant, or immediately post-birth is NOT pretty! Addi is dying to see herself get born, but we haven't transferred those DVDs to the drive yet. She keeps saying she was still in heaven because we didn't need her yet. How cute is that? I'm sure an older sister explained that to her.
So, here are some observations we have heard while watching the movies:
"Mom! you look exactly the same!!"
"Look! I'm so cute!"
"Mom - what are you wearing?"
"Did (insert name here) really look like that?"
"Dad! You look exactly the same!"
"Mom you look like a baby! (That of course was said while watching our wedding video - which would be 100% true because I WAS a baby!)
"Dad you are so skinny!"
Oh to freeze time . . .
Speaking of freezing time, our good friend Wade is in town staying with us tonight. He was Lane's intern while we lived in Mexico City in 1994-95. We then got together with him and other friends for Thanksgiving in 2000 in Puerto Vallarta. Haven't seen him since.
This afternoon, the doorbell rang, and I ran to open the door, and there stood Wade - looking exactly the same as ever! It has been 16 years since we met, and almost 11 years since I last saw him! It was like time has never passed. He says Lane and I look exactly the same. We say he looks exactly the same. Funny thing is, I'm sure we don't, but is it our eyes that play tricks on us? Do we just remember people how they looked and they seem the same? I don't know!
We went to dinner to our favorite restaurant - Red, White and Brew. Then, the boys went off to the D-backs game (refer to losing husband in previous post) and I came home to take care of the kids, put them to bed, and go for a 6 mile run. (I figure if I put this on here, I'll have to go do it! I'm tired, but really need to run. Good training, good therapy. On second thought, I think I'll get up early and run. My bed is calling me!)
Which leads me to the "Yup, I am crazy and signed up for another triathlon" part of this post. I have to finish the Olympic length without a flat tire! So, May 7 is the day. Me and Lisa have paid, so there is no backing out now! I have to swim 1 mile in the Tempe Town Lake, then bike 25 miles, and run 6.2 miles. This time, there will be no "cheating". I will finish the race - probably not super fast as I am deciding to do it a little late, but I needed something to train for! Trying not to let all that chocolate catch up with me! :)
A Series of Unfortunate Events
10 years ago
1 comments:
Post a Comment