Wednesday night we rented "Just Go With It". Adam Sandler and Jennifer Aniston. Romantic Comedy - but Adam Sandler style (crude, gross, dumb)
Thursday night I went to see Les Miserables at Gammage. People I can't name, but talent that is almost impossible to believe.
Talk about opposite ends of the entertainment spectrum!
I love romantic comedies and am very forgiving of the cliche, cheesy, unbelieveable stuff that goes on because I always love when the guy and girl end up together and live happily ever after. Who doesn't love that?
But, honestly, the only thing I liked about the movie was that the main girl was named Kathryn and played by Jennifer Aniston. I mean really, the only characters in movies that are named Kathryn are the old spinster school teacher (like in Anne of Green Gables). I love how at the end of the movie he tells her how much he loves all the stuff about her - even the funny quirky stuff, and she is really pretty and named Kathryn! That was my like of the show. I'd let Jennifer Aniston play me any time! :)
Lane and I wonder how on earth this kind of crap keeps getting funded by Hollywood. Can they not find better screenplays out there?
Now Les Miserables.
Lane wasn't feeling so great, and frankly, we went to see it 12 years ago and both hated it, so he didn't want to go again. I personally felt I should give it a second chance since so many people love it. So my friend Lisa decided she would come and "suffer" through it with me.
Let me tell you - I loved it. Not my favorite - Wicked still owns that, followed by Phantom - but it was still excellent.
Maybe I didn't like it the first time because I was still really cheap and got the cheap tickets which happened to be in the very last row of the top balcony in the corner. Lame, lame, lame. Then, I didn't have a clue what the story was, and I didn't know any of the music, and I didn't feel all that great that night. Let's just say it was the longest 3 hours of my life.
Not this time around. Tenth row right smack in the middle is a great place to be. You can just feel the music, the emotion, and actually see how amazingly talented these actors are. I leaned over to my friend and said, "In my next life, I want to be a Broadway Star." Seriously I do. That would be sooooo amazing to be able to sing like that and act like that and dance like that and make people feel like they do because of your portrayal of something. Man, that's what I want to be.
Of course we had to snap a shot of us with the dark stage in the background. (It is a rather dark set) So here's the obligatory "We were here" picture.
Now for the story behind it. We asked a girl behind us to take the picture and she did. Then my friend started laughing really hard and said, "Did you hear that?"
No, what?
"That girl up there just said, "Wow! Look at that giant lady!"
OK seriously? Ouch!! Maybe I shouldn't have worn my 2" heels?

1 comments:
I am so glad you liked it, It is one of Kris's favorites. We are going Sat. and I am a little nervous because sometimes I fall asleep during plays. I know, I can't believe I admitted that, I think it has something to do with the dark and all the singing. :)
Post a Comment