Question: What do you do when your renters clear on the other side of town e-mail and say they need a new fridge because theirs is broken?
Answer: Go and buy yourself a new one, and give them your old one! :)
Makes perfect sense right? I mean, we almost just bought a new fridge 2 months ago with the great kitchen remodel, but were thinking our fridge still worked perfectly, so why bother. Then, when the renters needed a new fridge, I thought why buy them a nice new fridge, when we can pay a little more and get the fridge we want and give them ours! :)
So yesterday's quest was to buy a new fridge for us. Being the "frugal" gal that I am (ha!) I checked on Craigslist and found a 2 month old fridge these people just bought and were moving and selling. I sent Lane down with his truck to get it. This is one of the kind of frustrating things about Craigslist sometimes - people don't always tell you everything. Like, we may have wanted to know it was only 2 months old, and the picture you put on there was from the website, however, you bought it from Best Buy at a huge discount because it had 2 dents in the front! Ugh!
So, Lane just went to Best Buy and bought a new fridge all together. They loaded it in the truck and he came home. Now we needed help to get it out. Unfortunately, we might as well be living in Leisure World here (a retirement community) because all our neighbors are old, and really we can't ask them to help us get a fridge out of the back of the truck. (Unless of course we feel like paying for their back surgery when it's done!) Thank heaven my bro-in-law was close by and came and helped us get it in. So, now we have a new fridge to match all our other stainless steel appliances.
| Shattered glass all over the back seat - some in the front seat too! |
| White trash moving company? |
OOPS!!!
So, we may have "saved" a few bucks by giving the renters our old fridge, but I'm pretty sure those savings are a moot point now, right?
Needless to say, Lane didn't have the greatest day yesterday, but I did thank him for giving me something to blog about!
1 comments:
Sorry...Why do we have to always have the oposition in all things clause. LOL! Have to find the humor or you would cry. Most of the time I do both.
Post a Comment