What can you get for the bargain price of $1,100? Tickets to every event of an all-star baseball weekend, that's what.
Yes, Lane is a baseball fan, so he was thrilled to have Phoenix and the D-backs hosting the all-star game this year.
However, they sent his tickets to our old house, so he called his rep and asked where they are. After getting that all straightened out, the rep asked if Lane and his guest would like to help hold the American flag on the field. He said, sure! I kind of had visions of just Lane and I carrying the flag out on the field, (ha) but we found out there will be lots of us as the flag is huge.
Monday night Lane and Lars went to the Home Run Derby. Apparently some guy was by the pool at the back of the stadium and leaned over the railing to catch a ball with his mitt, with a beer in his other hand. He fell into the pool, but managed to keep his mitt with the ball and his beer out of the water! That was quite a catch!!
So, the game was Tuesday and we went down at 9 a.m. to "practice". We were done around 11:30 and met up with Lane's brother Bryce for lunch at Majerle's. After shopping and walking around for a few hours in the horrific heat of Phoenix, we went back to the game to be ready to help with the flag.
We went out on the field, and showtime started at 5. We had the flag unfurled and stood there through the whole opening ceremonies - about 15 mins. Frankly, it wasn't as cool as we thought it would be, but I think Lane loved being there with his baseball favorites, and he ran into a sportscaster that he likes so we snapped a picture.
(I have to mention that Lane's dad was nice enough to use our 2 tickets take Conner the day before to the FanFest at the Civic Center. They had a blast and stayed about 4 hours! )
It was a fun night, and the NL won (the Dbacks all-stars were on that team). So Lane was happy! Chalk up another great event and memory for the books! :)
On a totally different note - somehow I was able to pass up on the traditional Coldstone chocolate ice cream. I've been trying to be good. However, I made up for it today with a wonderful chocolate overload. Man, I need to check into rehab!


0 comments:
Post a Comment