This morning I did my first reverse triathlon. That means you run first, then bike, then finish with the swim. Can I just say I really liked it in that order? My favorite is the run, so starting off with fresh legs was kind of nice! I ran the 3 miles in 23 mins. (which is fast for me!) Then reality of my less-than superhuman powers arise, and I am an average biker, and a slow swimmer. So I finished the whole thing in 1:16:33. I think that is my fastest tri. I was 31st over all - I think there were about 100 adults is all. It was a small race. But I took 3rd in my "old lady" age group! :)
It was really fun! I love doing races because you are able to push yourself and see what you really can do. Plus, it gives me another excuse to get together with my training friends!
Lisa and I did this one today. I love doing races with Lisa, and she is always game to do a race, even though this one was particularly tough: she is finally recovered from a broken foot, actually got ran over by a cyclist while she was running one morning and needed stitches in her head and bruised her ribs, and her sister died Sunday and they had her funeral Friday. Wow, busy life, but she was a good sport and did it with me anyway! I love that girl!
So of course with every race we do, we have to do the before and after pictures, so here they are:
![]() |
| Rested and ready to go! |
![]() |
| I always have to crouch down, and Lisa stands on her toes so we can be in the picture together! :) |
Still can't help loving the kid!!






3 comments:
Can't help lovin' her too. She's lovable. Great going on the tri.
We still think of the RR last year and see signs on the cars that say they ran the ragnar. That was crazy! Keep going and you'll be the top "ol lady".
congrats on the tri. I know if I was there with you, I would've been dragged to accompany you on it. Maybe I need to live closer! So I don't slack and gain weight!!! UGH!
Your daughter is cute. I wish we had all day kindergarten here. I think that's a nice thing. Oh well - another reason to move closer. teehee
great job on the tri - congrats - you're my hero!!
Post a Comment