Thursday, February 23, 2012

When 2 wrongs make a right!

Kayla was in a prom fashion show tonight.  She looked absolutely beautiful!

I ran into a friend from tennis at the show, and brought her over to meet Kayla.
She turned to me and said, "Oh my gosh!  Look at her!  How did that happen????"  I said, "I know, sometimes two wrongs make a right!" :)



I'm afraid Savannah and Addison may follow along that same path too!  (Though you can't tell from Addi's awesome hairdo here! :) )

Kayla and her cousin Elena who were both in the fashion show.

I do have to tell a funny story here though.  I drove through Sonic the other night (as I often do) and the guy at the window said, "Hey!  I helped you last week when you came through!"  I said, "Oh yeah, I think you did!" (whatever!)  Then I heard the girl working in there with him say something about Kayla.  I leaned out the window and said, "What did you say?"  She said, "Oh! Um, I just was telling him you look a lot like my friend Kayla!"  I said, "Kayla Cook?"  She said, Yes! How did you know?  I said, "uh that's because she's my daughter!"

Now, that is not a compliment to Kayla, but it sure is to me!  Funny that I don't see it at all, but some people do.  

So, not a whole lot of excitement to report from here.  Just doing little things to the new house to make it how we'd like it.  Driving all over tarnation (is that a word?) trying to find the perfect area rug or accessories is supposed to be fun!  Sometimes it is, and sometimes I wish I could wave a magic wand and have everything done how I want it!

I have to officially start training for my marathon, which scares me, but also excites me.  I've decided I am going to take the attitude of I GET to run 26 miles, not I HAVE to!  How exciting to set a goal and achieve it!  That's what I want to feel!


4 comments:

parentsof8 said...

What two beautiful girls. The gown is beautiful! Who gets to take this beauty to the dance? These picts are priceless. Hope you have them in a place to refer to later. Savannah and Addi will want them. It's fun to look so young and feel that way too.

parentsof8 said...

What two beautiful girls. The gown is beautiful! Who gets to take this beauty to the dance? These picts are priceless. Hope you have them in a place to refer to later. Savannah and Addi will want them. It's fun to look so young and feel that way too.

scottandkaelyn said...

That dress is pretty. You have beautiful daughters. The oldest does look just like you though. Sorry Kayla. haha
Wish I could join you and drive around and find rugs, accessories, etc...That would be fun!
Good luck on your marathon. 26 miles doesn't even excite me. More power to you girl.

Kristin said...

Of course she looks just like you. And I LOVE Addi's do! LOL.