I'm busy. I'm always busy. That's just the way I am. But, I still have time to do the things I need to do - laundry, dishes, clean up, tell the cleaning ladies what to do (;) ha!
But honestly, so many times I find I have wasted away the day doing a whole lot of nothing! And I'm not wasting a ton of time on the computer either! I really don't. What do I do? I think of a project to start, but I need something for it, so I decide to go to the store and get what I need. While I'm out, I might as well do X,Y and Z as well right? Don't forget the stop at QT or Sonic for my drink. :)
Then I get home and instead of doing the project I just got the stuff for, I see something else that needs to be done, so I will quickly start doing that instead. Then I'll look around and find the things that really stand out that need to be done. I figure if I get one or two of those things done - like hang pictures, put more stuff away, organize a room that is bad, etc. - Lane will notice that I did something and won't think I'm a lazy bum home doing nothing! ;)
Then, I'll decide I would rather talk on the phone to a friend, or maybe visit a friend, or get lunch with a friend, because all that sorting and organizing can wait, right? So then I have managed to put off more unpacking and organizing even longer! Man, if I keep this up, I could still have stuff to do a year from now!
BUT, the wild card in this is Lane. He can't stand to live in clutter or with things unorganized. Thanks to him, we have our entire storage room put away and organized. The garage is stacked with stuff that is impatiently waiting for the cabinet company to come and put cabinets in the garage. I think Lane is developing a nervous tic that won't go away until the cabinet company comes and does their job! ha!
No, actually, thanks to Lane we have pictures hung, new light fixtures hung, the office almost completely put together, the printer/fax hooked up, and all sorts of projects lined up, measured and in order. Seriously, what would I do without him? Though I would really rather not do these projects at 11 at night. :)
Next on the agenda:
Find a big area rug with the right size, pattern and new color scheme for the family room.
From that rug, I will be able to choose new towels and kitchen accessories with the same colors as the rug, and therefore family room.
Have a couch, loveseat and recliner, or high back chair made in coordinating colors/fabrics/patterns to go with the rug, and we will have our new Pottery Barn/Pier One - ish family/kitchen room. Told you this house isn't my style! But, I'm learning to change it, and actually look forward to a fresher, lighter look than the Tuscan we had in our last house.
We are getting a new iron front door - Lane is designing that and says he almost has a CAD drawing ready for my approval. Big time stuff!
We are getting a new beautiful white limestone fireplace to replace the lovely mauve marble and white wood one. :) So that is coming soon as well.
Get a new washer/dryer for the main floor laundry room. I don't like hauling my stuff downstairs to clean it and hauling it all back upstairs when I'm done!
Then, there is a chance we may be letting some people use our backyard for a wedding reception, so we need to put in the fire pit and benches. Some flowers, some cantera pots, and it will be ready!
Yeah, we have a touch of work cut out for us, and if I could stop daydreaming, dilly-dallying, eating too much chocolate, etc. I might actually get some stuff done!!!!! Help! :)
Now I can't forget to mention that this Saturday I am doing a Sprint Reverse Triathlon. You run 3 miles, bike 10 or 12, then swim 400 meters. Easy, but I hate the swimming, and it is last, so I hope I don't drown!!! I will also mention that I have gone swimming once in the last 5 or 6 months. So, I don't plan on winning this race. :) I also haven't ridden my bike since my great wipeout in December. I did just pick it up from the bike shop and it has new tires, the handlebars were fixed, and it is ready to go. I also just got my new bike shoes in the mail (the old ones broke in the fall). So, I am all equipped, and hope I can just not embarrass myself too bad in the race!
There's the update folks. I should download the picture of the first scorpion we found in our house. YIKES!!! Everyone says they are just a part of living in the groves. Hope I get used to it!
A Series of Unfortunate Events
10 years ago
3 comments:
Being married to one, and having one for a child, I think I can safely say, "Have you considered you may have ADD?" LOL. It's a blessing and a curse, at least in the JOhnson home. Good luck getting all your stuff done. I have all those projects in the back of my mind, but no cash to do any of them, so they just sit there, in my mind, driving me insane...
I still get tired listening to what you do in your "nothing" days. Wow! I really can't wait to see your house and what you've done with it. Not Tuscan??? We will have to see what you decide to do now... Yeahoo!!
Oh my, I feel like I've been in one of your aerobic classes. I'm panting and huffing! You have lots to do a lots of energy and desire to do it with. It will be wonderful.
Post a Comment