Well, it has been officially 1 week since Lane's first round of chemo. He handled it very well the first few days. Of course he had to wait until I was gone for the weekend to get a fever and feel some nausea. If he ever gets a fever over 100.5 we have to take him to the hospital. I guess he hovered around that number Saturday night and Sunday. I got home Sunday night, and he was asleep, but feeling better (he told me later).
I felt guilty having him sick while I was gone, but he survived. Last night he had me shave his head, in anticipation of the hair falling out. We hear it is best to shave it instead of have it fall out in your food, the bed, or wherever you may be. It will be a look to get used to, but he's a guy, so it is OK!
Anyway, besides some fatigue and random "yucky" feelings, he is doing really well. Tomorrow he flies to Utah for a couple of days to check on the office there, so we hope that he is OK and doesn't get sick at all.
4 comments:
Thanks for the update! I have been thinking about you guys and wondering if everything was going okay! Hopefully Lane doesn't get too sick! We need to get together so let me know what day is good for you. I am VERY open!
Dangit! Just think all the gel you guys will save :) You two are amazing!! Love ya!
I hadn't thought about losing hair into my food, etc. I'm sorry that you have to go through that. He is a good man and you two will get through it. It will be rough, but you can handle about anything. I wish you all the best.
I bet he looks great with his head shaved! Men have it so easy. (: We're continually praying for you both. And could you possibly look any hotter for your 20 year reunion???? Sizzlin!
Post a Comment