Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Our San Diego Trip!!!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: san diego
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow


Yes, we had a blast.
No, we didn't want to come home.
But, like everything else in life - all good things must eventually come to an end.

Our trip to the Carlsbad Inn and Sea Resort was fantastic! We went with Lane's sisters and their families. Thanks Steve and Shauna and Lars and Kami for inviting us and letting us come! We are just now learning how fun it is to be able to vacation with family and cousins. The kids have so much fun!

Staying at a beach front condo, shopping at outlets, eating until our fat pants don't fit us, riding the waves on the boogie boards, getting a little sunburned, and keeping Addi out of everyone else"s food and drinks were just some of the highlights of our great trip.

What is it about the ocean that is so therapeutic and healing? I seriously could live there - if it wasn't so dang expensive! I guess I'm high maintenance, because I want the house ON the beach, not where I'd have to pack up and drive to the beach. I seriously would trade my house for the little beach front condo! Oh well, not happening in this lifetime.

One thing I loved was going running there. I ran on the sidewalk overlooking the ocean. The breeze, the sounds, the views . . . I really felt like I could run forever! Course then I would have turned into Forrest Gump, and that would have been weird! But, I did get some good long runs in, and felt like I could have run even longer! It was great!

However, I do have to admit I am a little scared to go on vacation, cause while we were gone, Ed McMahon, Michael Jackson and Farah Fawcett all died! Ouch! Bad week to be a celebrity!



2 comments:

parentsof8 said...

so glad you had a great time. It really is nice to run on a relatively flat surface and have the wind from the water, the sound of the waves and even run in the sand (good for your calves) Hope you can do that again! The kids love being there but I'm sure they love their home too.
Mom

Flip flop Queen! said...

Love your family pics! Your family is so cute.