Saturday, July 11, 2009

The Devil(s) made me do it - Carly's little shower

TEMPTATION: temptation is an act that looks appealing to an individual. It is usually used to describe acts with negative connotations and as such, tends to lead a person to regret such actions, for various reasons: legal, social, psychological (including feeling guilt), health, economic, etc. Temptation also describes the coaxing or inducing a person into committing such an act, by manipulation or otherwise of curiosity, desire or fear of loss.


For me, I was hit by the following temptations Friday night (which surprisingly few were chocolate - which is my biggest weakness!):

S'more cupcakes, crystalized fruit cupcakes, white chocolate covered brownies (actually that was chocolate - just white so my eyes were fooled a little bit)
Caramel cheesecake with raspberry topping.

Now who would dangle such incredibly delicious and mouth-watering desserts in front of me at every family gathering?  Hmm..... could it be SATAN!???  

No, it is just Kami and Shauna - my own personal family gathering Satans!  My sis-in-laws who have food obsessions and love to cook, and do it very well, and I love to eat, so therein lies the problem.

Thanks Shauna and Kami for keeping up my need to teach aerobics by keeping me eating all this crap!

On a totally different note, I couldn't help but hum to myself, "Sunrise, Sunset" as I was looking at the next generation of Cook girls.  Wow, are they gorgeous or what?  All I know is when I was their age, we didn't look anything like that!  I guess back then when you wanted to "flat iron" your hair, you literally had to lay your head on the ironing board and have your friend iron your hair with the iron.  Now, we have the Chi.  And I'm pretty sure no foam rollers in their hair overnight were used to achieve the perfectly coiffed hair on these girls.  



So, from the young to the "old" we had a great time giving Carly gifts, wishing her luck on her coming marriage, giving recipes, and hearing the story of her engagement.  Aaaahhh . . . young love.



Now I have to get the house ready for the wedding reception.  We are so excited to have it here.  That means I will be under a deadline to get more decorating stuff done, and if you know me, I work best under a deadline.  So we'll be ready!

3 comments:

kayla cook said...

yup! now we have chis!!! see how much things change and matter as time goes by? just like JEANS! back then noone care what jeans you guys wore, or even wanted jeans like now-a-days, but as time passes, things change!! luv ya mom!

Kara said...

Yeah, I thought I was pretty hot stuff. But I looked nowhere as good as those girls. Good genes.

scottandkaelyn said...

The girls are beautiful! As are their moms - what do you expect? I'm glad you ate that crap because I wouldn't. So - I work out, like you but don't eat the crap and you still look thinner than me! Hate you!? Ha Ha. See ya soon....