OK, so I did a blog about Kaelyn coming and visiting. Well, not to be outdone, we had Kyle show up for a night trying to prove that my brothers in my family are just as awesome as my sisters. I have 4 wonderful brothers who really couldn't be more different from each other either. Someone once said they have never known a family with such different and strong personalities among all of them. I have to laugh, because it really is true! Did we even come from the same parents? I'm pretty sure maybe all of us were adopted and mom just faked 8 pregnancies? ha!
Anyway, Kyle and I were always really close as kids. We are 18 months apart. Me, Kyle and Kaelyn were the 3 Musketeers. However, there isn't the competition between brother and sister that there is between sister and sister. So, we really didn't ever fight. Or maybe we never really fought because Kyle is just so happy and easy-going. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure his wife would testify he can get mad and lose his cool, but just look at the face. He is really smiley!
Anyway, I loved being Kyle's little sister. You see, he was pretty popular in school, and being one grade behind him didn't hurt me at all! I got the "benefit" of having all his cute friends over to the house when we were in high school. He was popular, cute and lots of fun. I enjoyed being "Kyle's little sister" (although I really wasn't technically little!) I also love to stand by him - he is 6 ft. 4 in. He makes me feel short! I love that! There are very few people in this world who are that tall, and I wish I could just surround myself with them all the time so I don't feel so tall! Oh well, this post is not about me . . . ;)
Anyway, Kyle lives in Texas and we really miss them. Some day we hope to be able to get them to move to AZ. Our girls are the same ages and we would have lots of fun. I love hearing him and Angi sing together. I'd make them come sing for me at least once a week.
Some of my best memories are of doing the early-morning paper route with Kyle. We'd get up at 6 and wrap the papers in the van and go deliver them. All the while we'd talk about stuff. I remember getting a play by play telling of "Top Gun" which he had seen the night before. I remember hearing all about the Men at Work concert - his first concert he got to go to. I remember him always saying "FREAK!"
He is full of laughter and is one awesome worker, husband, father and very talented in many things. I love you Kyle!
(Now I have to find the pics of Keith and Kelson when they came to visit and do a note for them!)
3 comments:
You are right! Kyle really is the greatest!
I was viewing Harvey's Blog and hopped to yours. Say hello to Lane for me. What a great family...
Grant Coon
Yep. That's why he's called "smiley Kyle" right? Glad you had fun together. I was thinking that I haven't seen them for 2 1/2 - 3 yrs? I need to go there or have them come here. I miss them too!! You're lucky he has business in AZ. He was/is a great big bro.
Post a Comment