Sunday, November 21, 2010

The Doctor is In!

At the risk of turning this into a blog all about Addi, I have to put this story down.

Last night we were downstairs in the theater (the first time in months! ugh!) watching Karate Kid with the kids.  Lane was laying on the floor saying his back hurts so bad, and the ibuprofen he had taken wasn't helping.

I joked with him that I was too much for him on the basketball court - because we had just played out on our court with the kids.  And - as a side note on our little one on one game - he proved it's more important to be accurate in your shot than able to move about!  I can outrun and move (even after running 5 miles right before), but he can shoot, dribble and score like Steve Nash!  Dangit!  Looks like I need to brush up on my basketball skills!  Maybe some lessons? ha!

Anyway, he is moaning on the ground about his back, and it is Addi to the rescue.  First she runs and gets a cup of cold water, puts her hands in it, and runs over to Lane and puts her hands on his back.  She pats and rubs it with her cold hands.  She says, "I'm the doctor!" She goes back and forth doing it many times.  Then she disappears upstairs and comes down with some little baggie in her hand.  She runs over to dad, and starts putting the bag on daddy's back.  I asked her "What do you have Addi?"  "A cold bag," she says.  Oh, I figure she remembers seeing us put a bag of frozen peas or corn on bumps as an "ice pack".  But I also know this isn't a bag of frozen veggies.  I can't tell what it is.

So I ask, "What is in the bag?"
"It's chicken!  I put it on daddy's back to get better!"
There you have it folks, a cold chicken breast ice pack.


She is so dang cute.

3 comments:

scottandkaelyn said...

That's so sweet of her to do that to help her daddy. Hope he's feeling better today?!
Love the new pictures. These kids are growing up so fast. WOW!

Kristin said...

2-3yos always provide the best blog material. She's darling.

I love your new family photos! Hey, send me your address. Are you guys coming up this year? I am going to attempt skiing again...

parentsof8 said...

That's our Addi! She wants to be in the middle of helping and doing things. If she isn't, then she looks at it untrustingly and goes her way. But not with dad! She's a sweetie, we love ya.