So I'm sitting here at the computer with my brat angel of a child. She wants to listen to "Taylor Switch" on the puter. So, instead of wiping off the counters from breakfast, folding the 3 piles of laundry on the family room couch, making my bed I didn't have time to make this morning, or showering because I stink, I am here to do a blog about random things. (This is kind of my journal, you know!)
| The brat/angel Addi |
So, here's the notable list:
1) I tried Sweet potato pie for the first time this week. And, it was GOOD! I mean, really good! My friend at the gym brought a homemade one in, and I caved to the peer pressure of everyone who said how good it was, and I tried it. Wow, I was really pleasantly surprised! So, just goes to show you can try and like new things, even when you have gone 30-something years without ever trying it! Course, then I am of the mind of why try or acquire a taste for something that is really not all that good for you? It's just one more thing you have to say no to that you really, really want! Oh well, I just have to say it was very good.
2) I have to laugh when people say to me, "I bet you eat really good." That's what the Dr. said to me today. I laughed, because I thought of what I ate yesterday, and thought, Hmm... that's probably not a recommended diet for anyone!! A protein shake for breakfast followed by 2 double stuff oreos. Then, a Flying Saucer with that to-die-for green salsa from Tia Rosa's, as well as chips and salsa. Followed by a handful of Hershey's kisses, more Oreos, a handful of almonds, 2 bites of the kids dinner, and then at 10:30 at night some kettle corn popcorn (because I hadn't had dinner!). Like I said, not the best eater. Course I guess that depends on what your definition of a good eater is! I eat good, just not good food all the time. Now, yesterday was not a normal day of eating for me though.
3) The other night I was getting the kids ready for bed, and Conner comes in and says, "Mom, if I'm ever on TV and they have bring a parent day, I'm gonna bring you and dad." "Really? I hope you would, because we are your parents! Who else would you bring?" He says, "Well, I don't know, maybe a cousin or something." I don't know, that was funny to me.
4) My friend blogged about having Alzheimers, or the onset of it. I am in the same boat as her. I forget stuff. I just call it mommy brain, but that was taken to a new level last week. The kids didn't have school last Thursday on Veteran's day. So I took them to an afternoon movie. We came home around 7 p.m. and driving through the neighborhood I saw a ton of cars at my friend's house. I thought, "Wow, they must be having a big family party! How fun!" I went in my house, fed the kids, did who knows what, watched TV, etc.
The next morning, my other friend posted how thankful she was for good friends and the great baby shower she had the night before. Yup, it was my friends' baby shower, and I forgot! I drove right by the house, and forgot! I went in on the group gift the day before, and I forgot! Do I have Alzheimers????
5) Lane and I went to see How the Grinch Stole Christmas last night at Gammage. I gave the show a C, but the Grinch himself an A++++. If it wasn't for him, the show would have been pretty lame. He was super good. We were wishing we had the kids with us because they would have loved it. Oh well.
6) Mom and dad are going to try living here for a month or so. So, so excited! I would love them to buy a winter place here, so before they commit and do it, they are going to rent a place for January and part of February and try it out! I'll have to be sure to be on my best behavior and show them how low-maintenance of a daughter I am (because truly I am), and how darling and angelic my kids are (that may be harder) and how much fun the snowbirds have down here! Wish me luck convincing them!
Alright, off to the shower to get ready for the day. Heck, it's only 3:30 and I'm finally getting around to it! We have tix to yet another show tonight at Hale Theater. I didn't realized they were back to back when I got them. Poor Lane - he really is ready to trade me in for a different model of wife. Like the one who stays home, cooks, cleans, sews, and reads scriptures all day! ha! He really missed the boat on that wife when he married me, huh? He really is a saint for putting up with me. At least life is always a little exciting! :) Love ya hon!
2 comments:
Yep - that's my sis. On your diet for the day you forgot to say your route 44 diet Dr. Pepper with cherry and a pinch of vanilla...oh and the cookie dough for breakfast before the protein shake...! ha ha. Love it. Can't wait to see ya!!
How come a diet like that looks good on you and terrible on me? I could live like that every day! It's all in the genes?! Love your random thoughts and just ask us older folks about alzheimers!! Love ya lots!
Post a Comment