Sunday, February 20, 2011

Playing Catch-up

So we've been a little busy. And a little sick. (Not me - thank heaven!) So here's a little update.


We've loved having my mom and dad renting a little place here for a couple of months. It is so fun to have them come over for various things, or just call and stop by, or be able to go out with them! I have never in my almost 20 years of marriage been able to live by them! This has been fun.


Last Saturday, we took them out to Fountain Hills to see the huge fountain there. It was the highest shooting man-made fountain until about 1990. Kinda cool!












The weekend before we took them to the desert with some friends for their annual Christmas tree burn.  They had 60 dead trees.  Wow - they go up in about 15 seconds.  Makes great coals to cook your foil dinners!









Finally, basketball season has started, and Conner is playing his first year!  They didn't have a coach, so I offered Lane up for a sacrifice (with me as backup).  We coach 10 of the cutest 6 year old boys ever.   It's kind of a tongue-twister team too, because of the 10 boys, 7 of their names start with a K or C.   Good thing I had lots of practice growing up in a family of 10 K names! :)




OK OK, I need to get some better pictures of these little guys.  I love that Conner loves it so much, and he is really good!  Must be in his genes! :)


Now I am freaking out about Ragnar Relay this weekend.  I never looked at what "legs" I have to run until last night.  My first run is 5.2 miles, second is 5.5, and my last run is 8.8 miles - UPHILL!!!!!  AAAA!  I am freaking out! I haven't been running as much as normal.  Yesterday I ran 8 miles to see if I could do it, and did OK, but it wasn't after 2 previous runs, and being up for about 36 hours straight!  (Which is what the race will be)  Crazy crazy!  But lots of fun.  Good therapy!

3 comments:

Lory said...

Hey stranger! How fun to have your mom and dad so close... why are they renting in AZ. Did they sell their home in UT? How is Lane feeling and the packing/unpacking?
xo

Flip flop Queen! said...

Good luck on Ragnar! We think about you guys a lot. We would love to have you guys over sometime. We miss see you!

Cindy Sage said...

Goodness, that is a run! I'm sure you will do way better that I would or I would volunteer to help you out. LOL! You are one amazing lady!