Saturday, October 15, 2011

Homecoming Dress Math

One darling black homecoming dress on MAJOR clearance  $17.99!!!!
One darling pair of shoes that match perfectly, on clearance   $14.99!!!!

$17.99 + $14.99 + tax =  $34.06  TOTAL!!!  PRICELESS!!!!! :)
(Now, I must point out that this dress is strapless, and I will have to go to the fabric store and buy some matching fabric and somehow fashion some sort of strap/sleeve to make it pass Dad's inspection.  Wish me luck!)

BUT!!


Now we have to subtract the pain in the butt Addison was.  She took off out of one of the stores we were in.  I went looking for her, couldn't find her.  Looked and looked.  Knew she was around somewhere but couldn't find her.  After about 5 mins. of looking, I asked the girl at a kiosk to call security.  She tells them I can't find my 4 year old.  They tell her they may know where she is, have me stay right there and wait.

I wait about 5-10 mins.  I'm really not worried, because honestly, if anyone stole her, they'd bring her back within minutes I'm sure!!!

So, I stand there helplessly, until FINALLY a security guy comes wheeling through the mall on his Segway!  He finds me, then escorts me 2 stores down from where I was, and there is Addi standing there at the cash register with the worker there.  Are you kidding me?  I was like 200 feet away, and had the guy on the phone just told the girl to tell me to go there, I would have!  Instead, I had to wait forever, and eventually go find her "escorted" by the Segway Police!   She was a little scared, and I'd love to say learned her lesson, but let's face it, this is Addi here.  I wonder if she will ever learn.

So, in the end,
$34.06 - 5 years of my life (in worry or embarrassment) = a mom not sure if that trip was worth it! :)

0 comments: