For some crazy reason, the powers that be in AZ think it is a good idea to have a week off of school for Fall Break. Actually, I don't mind it at all, except that AZ decided to bring back the 100 degree temperatures, which really wasn't all that nice!
Feeling like I've travelled a little too much lately, I decided we would stay home this week and just have fun here.
The first Saturday, we headed to Red Mountain park, because that day was GORGEOUS!! It was about 80, and we had fun playing there.
![]() |
| Savannah, cousin Hannah, and Addi. Conner was running around somewhere else. |
On top of that, I had the opportunity of leading a 1 minute jumping jack bonanza (?) at the rec center. As part of the Michelle Obama get moving thing, someone somewhere was trying to break a jumping jack record by having the most people do jumping jacks for 1 minute straight. Places all over the US were doing it, and joining their numbers to try to break the record. Anyway, Kayla brought my kids over and they all participated and had fun doing that. I'm sure that 1 minute of jumping jacks burned at least 1/8th of an Oreo!
![]() |
| The kids at the Jumping Jack thing. We even got Kayla to get out and do it, and SHE ended up on the news! |
PS on Addison - this Wednesday she gets surgery on her "tail". Her herniated belly button. Little sweetie won't have people asking her anymore, "What happened to your belly button?" or "Why do you have a tail coming out of your belly button?"
We also discovered this week that Savannah is one heck of a foot massager! Geez my whole body was hurting this week (I wonder why?) and Savannah gave me a great foot massage! I LOVE having my feet rubbed and tickled. Is that weird?
Friday we went bowling. I made the mistake of letting the kids talk me into pre-paying for 2 games. I KNEW they wouldn't last that long! By the 3rd frame of the second game, they were all over doing the video games and playing those claw games to grab candy, etc. I was hanging out at the lane bowling for them half the time. Can I say bowling when your legs are SUPER sore isn't very fun???? Yikes!
I also was reminded yet again that I will probably never be a professional bowler, as my highest score was 104 ...... with the bumpers up!!!! AAA! Actually, I did get 3 strikes and 1 spare in one game, but really, it was quite pitiful. I'll blame it on the sore legs. :)
![]() |
| Libby, Savannah and Conner |
Finally, today was super exciting because Savannah scored her first goal this year in soccer!! Conner and Savannah had their games at the same time, so I was sitting in the middle of them looking back and forth. (Thank heaven they were relatively close to each other!). I just happened to walk over to get a better look at Savannah's field, just in time to see her get the pass from a teammate, dribble forward a bit, and do a cool kick on an angle right into the goal! I was so excited I'm sure everyone wondered who the crazy screaming lady on the hill between the two fields was.
It is so fun to watch your kids do something and be good at it, isn't it?
Finally, I painted the master bathroom today. It is amazing what changing white walls to tan does to a bathroom isn't it? The photographer comes Monday to take pictures of the house. We'll put it on the market this week, and pray that it sells. I need one more bedroom and one more bathroom. And a neighborhood with kids instead of all old people.
So there's the update!






1 comments:
A staycation! when you go on vacation it is less busy. It is cool to see the kids being active. Yeah for Savannah's goal!
Yeah for the balerina! We love those kids.
Post a Comment